O.C. Tanner develops strategic employee recognition and reward solutions that help people accomplish and appreciate great work. In a recent paper "5 Culture Trends for 2019 - What's new in the Workplace Culture" it explains that companies that are looking to attract, engage and retain top talent should anticipate and leverage these trends to create workplaces where employees thrive.
It breaks down the five key trends for 2019 and lays out what you can do to tap into these trends to benefit your own company:
- A lack of connection and renewed focus on social and emotional wellbeing
- The rise of technology integration in HR
- The switch from engagement to peak employee experiences
- Millennials becoming leaders, as Gen Z enters the workplace
- The move to continuous performance management
So, how does global mobility relate? While all of the trends listed above impact mobile talent with your company, one of the areas where we see a major connection to initiatives within global mobility is with number three which is the focus on creating peak employee experiences. Our economy has moved full speed ahead past extracting commodities, making goods and delivering services to staging experiences. Global mobility teams are getting on the experience train and re-evaluating policies, processes, technologies and anything else that can be identified as impacting the mobile employee experience.
All the statistics are out there on why this is the right call. Research from Jacob Morgan shows that companies focusing on the peak employee experience are:
- 11.5 times more likely to be included in Glassdoor's Best Places to Work
- 28 times more likely to be among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies
- 2.1 times more often on Forbes’ World’s Most Innovative Companies
- Had four times the average profit and two times the average revenue
According to a recent white paper, "Today’s best places to work know that every communication, every tool, every conversation with a leader—from recruitment to retirement— plays a role in connecting employees to purpose, accomplishment, and one another." Is your mobility program on the same page with your company? If our company is not demanding it, are you able to lead the charge?
Try some of the following to support your efforts or get you pointing in the right direction:
- The Happy Customer Equation
- Improve the Relocation Experience without Adding Costs
- Focus on these three "super-drivers" to achieve an outstanding employee experience
- Three best practices for improving the mobility experience
- The challenge of personalising the customer experience
- Unpacking the employee experience - Susan Schneider will be presenting at the Global Mobility Virtual Summit
The workplace is constantly evolving. As we approach 2019, major shifts in the work environment will continue to affect the ways companies do business. New research from the 2018 Global Culture Study uncovers 5 big culture trends for 2019. Companies that are looking to attract, engage, and retain top talent should anticipate and leverage these trends to create workplaces where employees thrive. Check out the five latest culture trends and how you can prepare for them.